Picks for Sephora's VIB Sale - 15% Off
Are you ready to be broke AF? That is always how I feel when Sephora's bi-annual VIB sale rolls around.
Sephora has two VIB sales a year: one in April for 15% off your entire purchase and one in November for 25% off. Outside of these two events, Sephora rarely has large scale sales. From time to time, select products are part of the WOW Weekly deal (new products debut on Thursday) but big sales only happen twice a year . For this reason, I like to stock up my favorites in November for the bigger discount. But alas, it is April and I've already run out of some staples!
Today I am sharing the sale details, shopping tips, and what I'm purchasing. Scroll down for the information!
Status | Discount | Sale Dates | Promo Code
- VIB Rouge - 15% off from Apr 13 - 16 and Apr 20 - 23, use online promo code "YAYROUGE"
- VIB - 15% off from Apr 20 - 23, use online promo code "YAYVIB"
- Insiders - 10% off from Apr 20 - 23, use online promo code "YAYINSIDER"
- If you don't have VIB Rouge status, go to the store with a friend who does and you can piggyback on his/her 15% discount starting on Apr 13th.
- Avoid missing out because a product is sold out; add your desired purchases (and 3 free samples) to your online shopping cart today and check out early tomorrow when the sale is live.
- To get the most bang for your buck, look at the gift value set options. Your favorite products may come with deluxe samples or complementary items for the same price or less. For example: the Elizabeth & James White Nirvana Eau de Parfum (1.7oz) is $85 vs. the Value Set also $85 where you get the same 1.7oz EDP plus a mini dry shampoo and lotion.
What I'm Re-purchasing
Note that I may receive a commission on clicks and purchases from links in this post.
From top to bottom, left to right, these are tried and true products for me:
- Son & Park Beauty Water: An all-time favorite, this beauty water does everything from cleansing, toning, and exfoliating. It smooths out the surface of your skin so make-up goes on evenly. I wrote a blog post all about this miracle product - READ HERE .
- Make-Up Forever HD Foundation: Once upon a time, this was the only foundation I used. I stopped to try other foundations but recently received a sample and it reminded me why this foundation is so great. Make-Up Forever tweaked the formulation in the past year or so and it's better than ever. It has a medium coverage, buildable to full coverage and has a natural finish. Medium texture. Wonderful to cover up spots and acne scars.
- Olaplex: A hair necessity if you blow dry and use hot tools on your hair weekly. Olaplex was a hair treatment used only in salons for a time but now is available to use at home. It rebuilds the bonds in damaged hair and strengthens hair's structure so it can be healthy and shiny again. The instructions recommend saturating your hair with Olaplex for at least 10 minutes but I found 1.5-2 hour gives incredible results.
- Boscia Detox Black Charcoal Face Wash: A gentle wash that I love because it cleanses so well. Charcoal is wonderful at sucking up dirt from pores and reducing excess oil. When you pump it in your hand, it becomes slightly warm to touch and after washing, my face is noticeably brighter.
- Sephora Clay Masks: These Sephora clays masks are fantastic and affordable at $8 each. I've tried the green, blue, and gray clays and each does exactly as it says. The packaging says it contains 4 uses but I've gotten at least 6 uses from each packet. Clay comes out of a spout, spreads effortlessly and is resealable to prevent dry out.
- Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb: This Korean beauty brand has gentle and effective products, and their moisturizers are my #1 favorites. I use Aqua Bomb which has a smooth gel-cream texture in the spring/summer. It is light and hydrates all day. This product is free of parabens, synthetic preservatives, petrolatum, dyes, and mineral oils.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: This is the best concealer on the market. It has medium coverage and looks very natural. I use this under my eyes and to cover acne spots. It comes with a doe-foot applicator and medium texture (not too thick). I use this concealer almost every day and one tube lasts me for 4-5 months!
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder: This powder is amazing for setting concealer under eyes and lightly dusting all over the face. It locks in foundation, reduces shine, and makes skin look so smooth in photography. My make-up lasts so much longer when I set with this LM powder. Other similar products aren't nearly as good. This container (1oz) will last me over 9 months when used almost every day.
What I'm Trying out
From top to bottom, left to right, these products are ones that I've heard a lot about and will be leveraging this sale to test:
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask: Who hasn't heard about this product yet? Digital darling Marianna Hewitt is one of two creators of this well-reviewed mask, even Kim Kardashian West has promoted it on her Instagram. It is used for skin hydration and plumping, and doesn't leave an oily residue. You apply a light layer on your face, allow to soak in for 10 minutes and then apply make-up.
- Marc Jacobs Eye-Conic Palette: Do I need another eyeshadow palette? Probably not, I have plenty. But YouTubers and my favorite Tati Westbrook have been raving about this palette. There are 6 different palettes to choose from, I'm purchasing "Glambition" (love this name) since I like neutral and natural colors the best. I'll report back on if these eyeshadows are worth the money.
- Korres Yogurt Sunscreen: I'm in the market for a weightless, non-greasy sunscreen. Since I'm a fan of Korres' super foamy and luxurious yogurt face wash, I thought to give this brand's SPF 30 sunscreen a try. The yogurt has enriching proteins and is supposed to be lightweight. It currently has a 4 stars rating on Sephora's website.
- Lancome Teint Idole Color Corrector: Adult acne is the worst, and it's embarrassing. I'm hoping to better cover my scars and spots with a lightweight but high-coverage formula. I'll be purchasing this 4.25 star rated corrector in the peach color.
- Tatcha Aburatorigami Blotting Sheets: I'm a combo skin girl so my t-zone always gets oily, and I always need to blot 1-2 times a day. I saw these in Sephora one day, and they're larger than most other blotting sheets (which I need) and so pretty with gold flakes. Since they're made out of abaca leaf, they don't leave any powdery residue. These are rated almost a perfect 5 stars!
- Origins Out of Trouble Mask: Once every 5 weeks or so, my face will decide to be extra oily and acne will flare up. It is truly awful and I need a deterrent and/or a quick fix. I researched and found this highly rated 10-minute mask is a dream. It is a white mud-type mask and promises to clean up pores, remove dead skin cells, and tame acne. I'm crossing my fingers for a miracle product here.
Note that I may receive a commission on clicks and purchases from links in this post